Instructions for Master project
- Before the start of the Master project: Choice of the project, discussion with the responsible, inform the professor (email with: title of the project and name of responsible)
- Two weeks after the beginning: Detailed work plan and objectives have been established (one page)
- Mid-project master: Intermediate presentation
- Report: 17 weeks or 25 weeks after the beginning of the master. Follow the guidelines for writing reports
- Within the month after the end of the Master project: Final presentation.
- Master projects should be delivered to the Section secretariat in PDF before 12:00 on the due date
- A set of all data including the report, the presentation, and all additional information (images, videos, other files, …) should be sent by email or put on an electronic media and delivered to the assistant.
Intermediate oral presentation (mid-term) / 25 min. presentation + 20 min. discussion
- Objectives of the project (context, motivation, specifications)
- Background, description of the problem, hypothesis
- Methodology – choice of the solutions – theoretical basis
- Analysis of the results (in the perspective of the objectives)
- Work for the next phase (adjustments of the objectives, management of problems).
Final oral presentation / 25 min. presentation + 20 min. discussion
The defense is performed with an industrial partner. Same plan as intermediate presentation plus:
- Conclusion (in the perspective of the initial objectives)
- Self evaluation.
The projects are evaluated on the basis of the report, work in the lab and oral presentations. Criteria:
Report: Presentation of the problem, selection of methods, theoretical developments, experimental part, analysis of results and conclusion, quality of the report (writing, layout, …).
Work in the lab: Involvement to the project, organization, documentation, quality and quantity of experi-mental work, creativity, communication with the team.
Oral presentations: Clarity of the objectives, quality of the presentation, answer to questions.